In the Wall of Shame premiere edition, the number 1 nominee is Senator Cory Booker. Cory Booker is a Senator from New Jersey, where the powers to be have deemed that he is worthy of a presidential primary run. But, let’s see all the counts of Hypocrisy.
This week, Cory Booker made a name for himself when he asked completely racist Senator Jeff Sessions, tough questions about his racism (rightfully, because sessions is extremely racist)
But, let’s remember less than a year ago what Cory Booker said about Jeff Sessions.
Now, let’s look at Cory Booker’s Own Civil Rights Record when he was Mayor of Newark. The FBI found the Police Department rampant abuses:
- Effecting stops and arrests in violation of the Fourth Amendment. Approximately 75% of reports of pedestrian stops by NPD officers failed to articulate sufficient legal basis for the stop, despite the NPD policy requiring such justification. During the period reviewed, the NPD made thousands of stops of individuals who were described merely as “milling,” “loitering,” or “wandering,” without any indication of reasonable suspicion of criminal activity. In addition, a review of the NPD’s arrest reports raised concerns that, in some subset of NPD narcotics arrests, officers have failed to report completely or accurately the circumstances of those arrests.
- Policing that results in disproportionate stops and arrests of Newark’s black residents. The NPD stops black individuals at a greater rate than it stops white individuals. As a result, black individuals in Newark bear the brunt of the NPD’s pattern of unconstitutional stops and arrests. This investigation did not determine whether the disparity is intentional or is otherwise legally unjustified. Regardless, this experience of disproportionately being subjected to stops and arrests in violation of the Fourth Amendment shapes black residents’ interactions with the NPD, to the detriment of community trust, and makes the job of delivering police services in Newark more dangerous and less effective.
- Retaliating against individuals who question police actions. In violation of the First Amendment, NPD officers have detained and arrested individuals who lawfully object to police actions or behave in a way that officers perceive as disrespectful.
- Using unjustified and excessive force in violation of the Fourth Amendment. In more than twenty percent of the NPD force incidents reviewed, the force as reported appeared unreasonable and thus in violation of the Constitution. Further, there has been substantial underreporting of force by NPD officers, and most NPD use of force investigations have been too inadequate to support reliable conclusions about whether an officer’s use of force—including deadly force— was reasonable.
- Subjecting individuals to theft by NPD officers in violation of the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendments. The investigation revealed, evidence of theft of citizens’ property and money by officers, specifically in the NPD’s specialized units such as the narcotics and gang units, and in the prisoner processing unit at the Green Street Cell Block. The NPD has conducted inadequate investigations into theft complaints, failed to take corrective action against offending officers, and declined to implement the methods recommended by its own investigators that could prevent future theft by officers
Cory Booker has been “calling out” on how the GOP will ruin our healthcare system for Americans. Given how much he rails against the GOP for ruining healthcare, if given a chance to make healthcare more
affordable to Americans, you would think that Cory Booker would jump at the chance to vote for it.
This week, Sanders-Klubacher Amendment on Drug Prices, was brought into the Senate. It would allow Americans to import medicine from Canada for lower drug prices. Let’s see the role call votes:
But the minute he received backlash for this vote, he covered responded to it with lies and bigger lies:
The First Lie: Canada’s Drug Standards are higher than USA. In fact, in Canada, even things such as natural supplements that are unregulated by the American FDA are regulated. 2. Canada has a ban on certain types of drug marketing that is allowed the USA. 3. ada’s FDA requires stronger labels on interactions and side-effects THAN THE USA. 4. most of the drugs we import are manufactured in China and India anyways.
Second lie: Cory Booker, clearly does not care about drug safety standards because, Less than a two months ago, Cory Booker voted to deregulate FDA Drug Standards: 21 Century Cures Deregulation Act. The 21-Century Cures act would allow the FDA to bring to market medical devices that have been untested for safety. He also voted against labeling GMO food.
BIGGEST LIE: The biggest Lie is in the text of the Amendment itself:
The amendment, itself has a provision for Drug safety. Therefore, it’s only obvious that Cory Booker voted against this measure to please his corporate overlords!